AmazonBasics products are going up in flames, but not enough for Amazon to stop selling them

Illustration by Alex Castro / The Verge

Many AmazonBasics products that have been reported as fire hazards are still for sale on Amazon, according to an extensive investigation by CNN.

Some of the stories about the dangerous products are harrowing. In one, a man went to the hospital after his chair caught fire while he was sleeping, apparently due to a melted USB cord. An AmazonBasics microwave caught fire when an eight-year-old heated up a macaroni and cheese cup. One man saw fire coming from an AmazonBasics surge protector while only a single phone charger was plugged into it — as his baby slept in a room nearby.

Reports have apparently been piling up for years. CNN counted at least 1,500 reviews since 2016 for more than 70…

Continue reading…

via The Verge – All Posts

Check out the Finding Your Identity Podcast!

Tags: ,
Travel Back Up To The Top!